eCheck User Guide
What is the eCheck?
eCheck is a pulse oximeter for sports and recreational use – it is not a medical diagnostic device. eCheck is a personal wellness device only and is solely intended for spot-checking of pulse rate and oxygen saturation measurements for sports and recreational use. It is not intended to serve as a substitute for the advice of a physician or medical professional.
You can also download the user guide below.
Name/Function of each part of eCheck unit
Symbols on the Display
1. Pulsing heart indicator
2. SpO2 legend
3. Sensor “OFF” indicator
4. “Weak signal” indicator
5. “Battery status” indicator
6. Saturation rate (%)
7. Heart rate (bpm)
Note: ‘H-100’ on display indicates s/w version only
- Slide finger into the thimble (silicon finger boot)
- Finger nail orientation to match symbol on soft silicon finger boot
- Press button on face to activate; starts reading the saturation and heart rate
- Touch the button on the face and hold for 2 seconds to change the reading direction 180°
- eCheck is a battery powered device (3.6 V ½ AA size) with approx 300 hrs of use.
- Can usually obtain readings from any finger although readings may differ between fingers
Changing the eCheck Battery
The battery compartment is located on the top of the unit. Remove battery cover by pressing down and sliding the battery cover off.
Replace the battery cover by inserting it back into place.
Sensor Off Indicator: Appears when the finger has been removed from the finger sleeve (silicon boot).
Weak Battery Symbol: Flashes when battery should be replaced.
Pulse Rate: Shows the pulse rate per minute.
SpO2 Indicator: Shows the blood oxygen saturation level value on a scale of 70 to 99%.
Calculating: Device is calculating blood oxygen saturation (SpO2%). This can last up to 10 seconds depending on blood circulation in finger ends.
If any abnormality arises during use, please check the following points:
|Pulse Rate or SpO2 is not appearing.||Position of the finger is not correct or user pushing finger in too much.||Reposition the finger into the correct position, less pushing and measure again.|
|The pulse oximeter will not power on.||Battery has run down.||Replace the battery with a single 3.6V “½ AA” size Lithium|
|Screen orientation is upside down.||Viewing angle needs to be adjusted.||Press the Multi-directional button for up to 2 seconds and the screen will rotate 180°.|
Limited End User Warranty
- One year (12 months) warranty runs from time of purchase.
- Identify specific reason why user is calling
- S&H charges may apply
- Replacement policy:
- Ask for proof of purchase and where?
- Obtain credit card information.
- If under warranty – Replacement unit will be shipped at no customer charge for S&H
- If not under warranty replacement charge will be $x + $y S&H fee
- In the warranty period customer returns unit at their expense before new (replacement unit) is sent out.
- Battery has no warranty coverage.
- New battery sales at $z plus $n S&H fee ($x, y, z and n dollar amounts to be defined with TOps.)